The summerleague is an internal competition for all members of Arriba. Both recreational and league players are mixed into several teams. Statistics such as 3-points made, field goals made and free-throws made are tracked and published on the website. There are six teams competing for the #1 spot for six long weeks. Which team will finish first and win eternal fame!
- Warming-up of about 10 minutes.
- A match consists of 4 quarters lasting 8 minutes.
- In between quarters there is a 1 minute break, except for halftime (between quarter 2 and 3), which lasts 5 minutes.
- There will be no shot-clock (so no 24-second violations).
- There will be free throws.
- During the last two minutes, time is stopped after scores. Before that, time is stopped when the referee whistles.
- Men cannot block women using their hands, only using their head.
An exception to this rule can be made if both teams and the referee agree.
- Referees should bring their own whistles if possible. Arriba offers these as well but we prefer not to do this.
FIBA rules apply in all other cases.