The summerleague is an internal competition for all members of Arriba. Both recreational and league players are mixed into several teams. Statistics such as 3-points made, field goals made and free-throws made are tracked and published on the website. There are five teams competing for the #1 spot for six long weeks. Which team will finish first and win eternal fame and a bit of beer?
Summer League games on Tuesday and Thursday are played in the Houtenzaal (Sportzaal 1).
- Warming-up of about 10 minutes.
- A match consists of 4 quarters lasting 8 minutes
- In between quarters there is a 1 minute break, except for halftime (between quarter 2 and 3), which lasts 5 minutes.
- There will be no shot-clock (so no 24-second violations).
- There will be free throws.
- During the last two minutes, time is stopped after scores. Before that, time is stopped when the referee whistles.
- Men cannot block women using their hands, only using their head.
FIBA rules apply in all other cases.